Alpha Care and Support provides Supported Living Care Services. Our homes are in the London and Greater London areas.
The Homes are designed to make it possible for 18-65+ with Learning Disabilities to advance towards independence.
With a person centred training around the service user’s needs, experience and knowledge we have the ability to respond to the needs of our service users including those with challenging behaviour.
Our Company aims are to deliver Supported Living Services for Young Adults with Learning Disabilities in Communities in the Greater London areas. Some of these Young Adults have challenging behaviors with other special needs including mental health difficulties. However, with additional support, they have more hope of leading a more independent way of living and we are here to see that they do just that.
The locations of our Homes are near the town centres which give our Young Adults a full range of access to ordinary activities of living on a day to day basis.
The registration age range is from 18- 65+. This helps us to provide a complete package of compatibility of their interests and individual requirements. One of the many things we aim for is to prepare the Young Adults by helping them to acquire domestic and community living skills. So that when they are ready they will be able to take their first step with confidence to an occupation either educationally or vocationally.
“Alpha Care and Support Services aims to provide a Supportive service in a friendly environment for individuals with learning disabilities and physical disabilities.”
- 24/7 Care and Support Services for Service Users with learning disabilities and physical disabilities.
- Supporting Service Users as individuals by listening to and working with them.
- Use an Individual Support Plan (ISP) based on a Person-Centered Approach to help Service Users plan and make the most of their allocated budget
- Helping them decide who supports them to achieve their goals
- Provide a secure, friendly home environment that is focused on supporting individuals within it.
- Assist our Residents in acquiring skills that will empower, encourage them to acquire life skills and to engage in pursuing an independent life-style.
- Encourage and assist Residents to develop their level of self-esteem, confidence, to make their own decisions and to take responsibility for themselves as adult individuals.
- Make certain that Service users have access to the Professional type of specialist and Religious support when requested or required.
- Promote equality of all opportunities and promote the application of anti-discriminatory practice.
How Supported Living Services is Delivered
All Residents have an Individual Support Plan (ISP), which is overseen by a Key Worker. The key worker puts the Individual Support Plan in place for the Residents.
The Key Worker makes an assessment by identifying Residents’ strengths and needs. Based on this assessment the Resident receives a program that is individually designed so that a balance is met between their need for support and care. This also helps each Resident to make their own right life-style choices. The ISP is reviewed every month to ensure that the Resident has the correct on-going support.
Tenant’s Individual Support Plan
The Tenant’s Individual Support Plan (TISP), gives a lot of thought to the areas which are described as “supported activities”. The TISP was developed in order to help Service Users to achieve their goals in areas of their independent living. Alpha Support Living Homes use ACE guiding Principles in our day-to-day work with clients to build a non-judgemental and empathic relationship. This will help to develop an effective work pattern bringing harmony and compassion to Clients:
Accepting = Unconditional Positive Regard, non-judgemental or Caring
Congruent = Genuine or Realness
Empathic = Deeply Understanding the feelings or personal meanings
We use the Person Centred Planning approach TISP, for supported activities listed below as a guide for us to support our Tenants, help in setting up and maintaining home or tenancy
- Developing domestic / life skills
- Developing social skills / behaviour management
- Advice, advocacy and liaison
- Help in managing finances and benefit claims
- Emotional support, counselling and advice
- Help in gaining access to other services
- Help in establishing social contacts and activities
- Help in establishing personal safety and security
- Supervision and monitoring of health and well-being
- Supervising or monitoring medication, peer support and befriending
- Help to find other accommodation
- Help to maintain the safety and security of the dwelling
- Support in keeping own room clean
- Risk assessment
- Advice and support for minor repair work/improvements
- Management of handyperson services
- Help with shopping and errand running
- Access to local community organizations
- Security support related to racial harassment
- Culture-specific counseling / emotional support
All pre-admission information is obtained from Social Services, Family members and sometimes GPs; in order to help us develop individual care plans and for achieving their full potential. This sets out the care objectives for the stay and incorporates any necessary risk assessments.
Once the Social Worker has booked a place for a Resident, they must make sure that Home Manager receives the assessment form, with all the relevant information.
We are also able to provide Outreach support in the London and Greater London to Young People (18+) and Adults (up to mid-65+). This is available to those who already have tenancies with private landlords or housing associations; it extends to individuals who are still living with their families.
We are there to give you the care and support you need – when you need it
Alpha Care and Support Services are multiple residence houses that are fully furnished. Tenancies that are on offer are for between 5 and 7 Residents. These tenancies give the Residents an opportunity for a personal concentrated deliverance of monitoring and emergency cover due to the staff that are present on-site.
Each residence has a Staff Room, an Office and Sleep-In facilities to facilitate 24-hour cover for the care of the Tenants required or any type of emergency that may occur.
We see these tenancies as the first stepping stone for our Residents to improve their skills competently before they decide to embark on a single tenancy from another Landlord (Halfway Home).
Contact us for more information
Our Office Hours
Alpha Care & Support Services office hours are 8:00 am to 7:00 pm Monday to Saturday.
Out of office hours
please call Tel:020 8965 7209 (24H line)